Updated: Oct 10
SEPTEMBER: Every celebrity artist that graces this column on the Artist of the Month has to answer only 13 questions. This is because through asking questions you get to understand your favourite artist better. Here we go take it off with gospel artist Blessed Paul who recently released his first sing Wema Wako featuring the legendary producer and artist Don Santo both from the Klassik Nation stable.
1. What is music to you? What does it give you?
BLESSED PAUL: Music is like food to me, not just food but favourite one. It gives me strength, hope and satisfaction.
2. What is your music dream?
BLESSED PAUL: To lead and show the world the definition of true worship through music.
3. If you could change the world - what would you start with?
BLESSED PAUL: Myself
4. Which is the most memorable song from your childhood?
BLESSED PAUL: Storm is passing over by New Life Community Choir.
5. Who are your favorite musical artists or bands?
BLESSED PAUL: Don Moen, Kirk Franklin, Micheal W. Smith, Eunice Njeri, Patrick Kabuya, Daddy Owen the list is endless
6. What inspires you to make music?
BLESSED PAUL: Life experiences and love.
7. What is the message you want to send with your music?
BLESSED PAUL: That there is Hope even when you can't see any, That we are loved even when you feel surrounded by hatred, That if in worst scenario it doesn't work for us here, it will work for us up there.
8. How do you feel when you perform in front of an audience?
BLESSED PAUL: anxiety to give my all.. it is humbling thing to see people worshiping their maker.
9. How do you see the musicians’ reality nowadays? What could be improved?
BLESSED PAUL: Most are in Music as a business, they lack talent, passion and love for music. They are just driven by love of money and end up corrupting the most sacred thing known as music. What could be improved? I think its not about what but who.
10. What do you think of Songbad Music?
11. What frustrates you most as a musician?
BLESSED PAUL: Mediocrity and music supplying entities are reluctant when it comes to paying us, that was before i discovered Songbad.
12. Do you support your local scene as a fan? How?
BLESSED PAUL: Yes, apart from being an artist am a very loyal fan to almost every Kenyan and East African artists. I have bought almost every local song and album at an affordable price from Songbad.
13. Share some awesome artists that we’ve never heard of.
BLESSED PAUL: I think will be lying to say you haven't heard of anyone, but truly i have an endless list of up and coming artists, just join Songbad today and be blessed.
Before i sign out remember to go to www.KlassikNation.com and be the first to learn of the newest music news and releases.
Remember to buy my first single Wema Wako ft Don Santo pale Songbad.
What do you think of Blessed Paul? Leave your comments below.